Skip to main content

Toastmaster humorous speech contest - Battle called breakfast





If someone offered me two jobs from which I need to choose one.  First one to build a nuclear reactor and second one feed a 4 year old kid.  Definitely I will select the first one.

Good evening toast masters and respected evaluators.

Most of the bachelors in IT industry believe that, writing code is the most difficult task in this world. No my friends there are more.

When god blessed me with parenthood, my parents advised me.  “Look sreeji, you need to be very patient with your kid.  They are like blooming buds; you need to be very careful with them”

Then I replied.

“Oho really, where was this advice 30 years back, when I was a blooming bud?”

They looked at me angrily and told me, “be careful with our grand kid’s, otherwise you will regret”

My daughter is in LKG and her class starts at 8.45 am.  So she needs to leave at 7.45.  To meet with these deadlines she needs to wake up at 6.45 am.  And daily battle occurs between 6.45 and 7.45.
Few years back me and my wife decided until and unless we feel it’s a must, we won’t put a servant at home.  So we split the tasks at home.  Unfortunately it’s my duty to wake up my daughter and get her ready for school.

The only task for my wife is to comb her hair.  I tried it once, but after that my wife took over that job.  Well you know I got entirely different taste in hair dressing, I tried something new that day.

So the battle start with this announcement “Neeenu getup you need to go to school”

She will open her eyes scrub it and say, “No today is leave, teacher told me yesterday”.  Actually that’s the “Good morning” from her.

Then I will say “your teacher just called me and told me that she was wrong”.  The argument continues for 3 to 5 minutes.  Finally I will grab her and wash her face with cold water.  She will start crying, and by the time she finish her cry I will finish brushing her teeth and her bath.

Now the real battle starts.  I will stand in front of her with breakfast in one hand remote control of television in other hand.

“I want to see cartoon network”

So I switch the channel to cartoon network, after 5 minutes she will say I want to hear a story.  So I switch off the television and start telling a story, once upon a time there was a rabbit and tortoise in a jungle.

“I know this story tell me something else”

Then I will start another story, for all she will say, she know it.  Finally I will create my own story and say
“Once upon a time there was a person called Peeyush or Jerin in an IT company”.

After 3 minutes she will say, “I want to see Thomaskutty”

No he is not our neighbor, it’s the character played by actor Ashokan in the movie called “In harihar nagar”.

All this time I will be walking behind her with breakfast in my hand.  Then a series of requirements, like

“I don’t want chatney I want sugar”
“I don’t want sugar I want sauce”
“I want to stand on couch”
“I want to see the cow”
“Give me breakfast in bed”

And finally with little threat and with some sweet promises, I will finish it.  Dress her and send her to school.  And silently say to her.  “Lady you can’t beat me on this because I am working with a group of software engineers, sometimes they behave worse than this”

Comments

  1. U r doing an excellent job BHAI!

    Well u've got only one ... I've got 2!!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. no biby i also got two. The second one is 1 year old now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. സന്തോഷായി.
    മോള് പിതാവിനെ ഇനീം ഇനീം ചുറ്റിക്കൂട്ടോ. ഹാ ഹാ ഹാ

    എന്റെ മാഷേ, എന്റെ മോന്‍ (ഇപ്പൊ ഇത്തിരി വല്യ കുട്ട്യായിട്ടോ) L K G എന്ന സ്ഥലത്ത് പോയിരുന്നപ്പോ ഇതിലും ഭയങ്കര ബോംബുകള്‍ നമുക്ക് കിട്ടീട്ടുണ്ട്.

    താങ്കളുടെ വരികള്‍ വായിച്ചപ്പോള്‍ അതില്‍ ഒളിഞ്ഞിരിക്കുന്ന പിതാവിന്റെ സ്നേഹം വളരെ വ്യക്തമായി കാണുന്നുണ്ട്.

    എഴുതീത് അസ്സലായി

    സസ്നേഹം
    മേനോന്‍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

എന്നാലും എന്‍റെ കണാരേട്ടാ

വായനശാലയുടെ കോലായില്‍ ആകാശത്തോട്ടു നോക്കി തൂണും ചാരി കണാരേട്ടന്‍ ഇരിക്കുന്നത് കണ്ടപ്പോഴേ ഒരു പന്ധി  കേട് തോനിയതാ.  ഇന്ന് വല്ലതും നടക്കും.  ഏതാണ്ട് അമ്പതു വയസിനടുത്തു പ്രായം, ഡിഗ്രി വരെ പഠിച്ചിട്ടുണ്ട്, തലയുടെ ഒരു സ്ക്രൂ എവിടെയോ നഷടപെട്ടു അതിനു ശേഷം ജോലിക്കൊന്നും പോവാറില്ല, ആര്‍ക്കും വേറെ ഒരു ഉപദ്രവവും ഇല്ല.  വീട്ടില്‍ കഴിഞ്ഞു കൂടാന്‍ അത്യാവശ്യം സ്വത്തുണ്ട് , ഇത്രയും ആയാല്‍ കണാരേട്ടന്‍ ആയി. പുള്ളിയെ കൊണ്ട് ഒരു ഉപദ്രവവും ഇല്ല എന്ന് പറയാന്‍ പറ്റില്ല ചിലതൊക്കെ ഉണ്ട്.  പുള്ളിയുടെ തലയില്‍ ഇടയ്ക്കു ഭയങ്കര ഐഡിയ ഉദിച്ചു വരും അത് മറ്റുള്ളവരോട് പറയും, പിന്നെ ചര്‍ച്ചയായി ബഹളമായി.  മിക്കവാറും അത് നടക്കുക വായനശാലയുടെ ഇറയത്തു വച്ചും.  ഇത്തരം ഐഡിയ ഉണ്ടാകുന്നതു "അന്തരീക്ഷത്തില്‍ ചെന്താമര, വേണ്ടുരുതിയില്‍ കുന്തിരിക്കം" (കഞാവ്) എഫ്ഫക്റ്റ്‌  കൊണ്ടാണെന്ന് നാട്ടില്‍ ഒരു സംസാരം ഉണ്ട്. ബെഞ്ചില്‍ ഇരുന്നു ചിത്ര ഭൂമിയില്‍ ഇറങ്ങാന്‍ പോവുന്ന സിനിമകളെ കുറിച്ച് വായിച്ചു കൊണ്ടിരുന്ന ഞാന്‍ പതുക്കെ തിരിഞ്ഞു നോക്കി, കണാരേട്ടന്‍ ഇപ്പോഴും മുകളിലേക്ക് നോക്കി ഇരിക്കുകയാണ്‌. "ഡാ മോനെ" ഈശ്വരാ  കു

മൂർക്കോത്തെ വയൽ

മരുമകനും അവന്റെ  ഭാര്യയും വന്നു വിളിച്ചപ്പോൾ  പയം കുറ്റിക്കു  വരാൻ പറ്റില്ല എന്ന് പറയാൻ നാണുവാശാന് തോന്നിയില്ല, പെങ്ങളെ കണ്ടിട്ട് കുറച്ചു നാൾ  ആയി പിന്നെ മരുമോൻ പട്ടാളത്തിൽ അല്ലെ അതിന്റെ ഒരു ബഹുമാനം അവനു കൊടുക്കണ്ടേ .  അവൻ കാവിലെ ഉത്സവത്തിന് വന്നതാ.  കോവൂറ്‍  നിന്നും കുറുക്കൻ മൂല  പോയി വരുക എന്ന് വച്ചാൽ ഇപ്പോൾ എളുപ്പം ആണ് കായലോടു നിന്നും കതിരൂർ പോവുന്ന ഏതു ബസ്സിൽ കയറിയാലും പോക്കായി മുക്ക് ഇറങ്ങിയാൽ  മതി. പക്ഷെ പയം കുറ്റി  രാത്രി എട്ടു മണിക്കാ, കഴിയുമ്പോ ഒൻപതു മണി ആവും , ഒൻപതേ കാലിനു കായലോട്ടേക്കു  ഉള്ള അംബിക കിട്ടിയില്ലെങ്കിൽ പിന്നെ നടക്കേണ്ടി വരും, നാല് ഫർലോങ്  വലിയ ദൂരം അല്ല, എങ്കിലും. നാണുവാശാൻ ഇങ്ങനെ പല ചിന്തകളിൽ മുഴുകി ഇരിക്കുമ്പോൾ ഭാര്യ സാവിത്രി ചോദിച്ചു "നിങ്ങൾ ഈ പത്രവും പിടിച്ചു എന്താ ആലോചിക്കുന്നത് ?  ഇന്ന് പയം കുറ്റിക്കു  പോവുന്നില്ല?" നാണുവാശാൻ അത്ഭുദത്തോടെ സാവിത്രിയെ നോക്കി പിന്നെ മനസ്സിൽ ചോദിച്ചു "ഇവൾക്ക് ഇതെങ്ങനെ എൻ്റെ മനസിലെ കാര്യങ്ങൾ അറിയുന്നു ?" "പോവണം , വൈകീട്ടല്ലേ നോക്കാം, നീ ഏതായാലും ഒരു മുണ്ടും ഷർട്ടും ഇസ്തിരി ഇട്ടു വച്ചോ "

ഗുഡ്സ് വാഗണിന്റെ എൻജിൻ